Principal Tech Sourcer - Eng Leadership
About the Role
We are looking for a hardworking Principal Tech Sourcer to support multiple business lines and scale L6 Eng hiring across North America. You will partner with Recruiting and Hiring Managers to build the teams across our dynamic region, own the sourcing strategy, and hustle to hire the brightest technical minds in the world. You will also work on strategic projects to improve and innovate how we attract and recruit the best talent because we know that there's always a better way!
What You'll Do:
- Identify, engage, plan, and analyze relationships, set priorities and expectations with internal and external partners
- Build pools of top talent engineering leaders and effectively moving them through the hiring process in a timely manner
- Effectively aligning a candidate's motivations, trade offs, and expectations with Uber's value proposition, role details, and expectations
- Passionately push for results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company goals
- Ensure a fantastic candidate experience for all -- you will build teams and process with phenomenal candidate experience as a crucial priority
- Leverage data and conversion metrics to understand what it will take to make the hire
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- 8+ years of technical recruiting and sourcing experience for Principal level
- Experience in sourcing or full-cycle recruiting in a fast-paced environment at a similar size and scale of Uber
- Previous Engineer leadership hiring & tech recruiting experience strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of Software and Systems Engineering talent profiles
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or similar preferred
- Excellent command of data and analytics and proven success in data driven organizations; proficient in using data to guide decisions and change
- Ability to partner with a wide variety of clients, including senior level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates within the engineering organization
- Understand the process of attracting and retaining the brightest minds from all backgrounds, while cultivating the power of a diverse organization
- Ability to balance the role of strategic talent advisor with urgency while simultaneously managing delivering results in a growing and very fast-paced environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber