Sr. Manager, Identity Strategy & Operations
About the Role:
We are searching for a highly motivated individual who loves to design and implement scalable programs to lead our Platform Access Strategy & Operations team.
This team ensures that we know the identity of each of our users - drivers, delivery people, consumers, and merchants -who accesses our platform, both at point of signup and throughout their engagement with Uber. We work with external vendors, internal product teams, and a support organization to eliminate identity fraud, identity theft, and ensure users who have access to our platform meet our access criteria.
This team is responsible for:
- Driver and delivery people background check processes (i.e., vendor management, agent report review, cost management, etc)
- User identity verification and fraud detection
- Consumer identity verification
- Surfacing new signals of risky users
In this role, you'll lead a team of operators and work cross-functionally to ensure excellence in our current identity validation processes, as well as to see around corners and anticipate future challenges and opportunities in the identity space. This team is focused on setting up Uber for our next wave of growth by evolving and modernizing our current operations.
In this role, you will need to have a solid foundation in data analysis, demonstrated ability to design processes and define success criteria for programs, and a passion for designing experiences that enable users to get and maintain access to the Uber platform. It is an excellent opportunity to lead a stellar group of associates and people leaders in a new chapter.
We are looking for someone who has proven people leadership skills, or has demonstrated an ability to inspire, connect, and grow people around them!
What You'll Do:
- Leadership: Lead the team that is a combination of individual contributors and a people manager; coaching and supporting them on project management, prioritization, and execution
- Set Vision: Work closely with business leaders across the company to refine our strategy for Platform Access, ensuring that we have accurate and efficient vendors, tools, and processes to hold a high safety bar
- Improve Processes: Identify operational and structural weaknesses in existing processes, or help develop new processes to improve efficiency while optimizing for funnel conversion and cost reduction
- Program Management: Define what success looks like for our Platform Access operations and work with Data Science to build dashboards that measure both system performance (i.e., products are working as intended) and operational performance (i.e., how well are we meeting established business requirements)
- Product Relationship Management: Manage the relationship with the identity, screenings and risk identity teams. Work very closely with the product teams, influencing the product agenda, providing compelling data and business cases to ensure US & Canada's most relevant tech requests are prioritized
- Vendor Management: set the foundation for how our teams engage with our identity vendors. Areas of focus: joint success planning; scorecard to manage operational success
- Build Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Finance, Product, Business Development, Public Affairs, Legal, Engineering, Central Operations, etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
- 7+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience
- Clear communicator with the ability to synthesize information quickly, highlight the meaningful points, and disseminate relevant insights
- Demonstrated decision-making skill. You think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make smart long-term decisions
- Can effectively influence discussions with business partners to find common ground and align cross functional teams with conflicting agendas
- Consistent record of creating scalable processes and leading business operations
- Ability to coach, develop, and excite team members across multiple time zones to cultivate a cohesive and creative work environment
- Ability to break down broad problems to build forward-thinking action plans
- Ability to lead several projects simultaneously in a constantly evolving environment
- Storytelling ability to distill unique and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills
- Understanding of business operations and competing pressures a business leader faces on a day to day basis
- Ability to solve sophisticated business problems that cross multiple product/project areas and teams
- Vendor management experience
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- SQL proficiency; Outstanding Excel / data management skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber