Manager, Carrier Growth Operations (Uber Freight)
About the Role
The Carrier Strategy & Operations team is at the heart of what moves Uber Freight. The Carrier Growth team's mission is to increase the size of our carrier base to support growing load volumes, improve service levels to our customers and unlock opportunities for as many carriers as possible.
As the manager of this team, you'll develop the strategy to grow our Carrier base by leveraging data-driven insights and talking to our carriers first hand. You'll manage a team of business analysts and program managers to execute cross-functional initiatives with our Product, Marketing, Carrier Sales and Business Development stakeholders (amongst others) to diversify and optimize our acquisition channels.
You will directly interact with the executive leadership team at Uber Freight. As a result, on top of developing the strategy, you'll need to leverage strong communication skills to generate buy-in across leadership and core stakeholders.
The improvements you drive in Carrier Growth will play a critical role in Uber Freight's ability to deliver on our vision to drive long-term, sustainable growth by being the most reliable transportation partner for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Strategic Thinking - Refine and implement a cohesive carrier growth strategy by aligning cross functional stakeholders on the vision, operationalizing decisions, and iterating for high impact results
- Leadership - Manage a team of analysts and program managers striving to grow our Carrier base
- Analytics - Leverage a data-driven approach to develop team strategy and inform progress; guide the development of reports and dashboards in Google Suite, SQL, and Tableau
- Project Management - Identify, plan, and execute projects and root cause analyses to improve our new and existing acquisition channels.
- Operations Management - collaborate with carrier sales, tracking, business development, marketing and other teams to identify process inefficiencies, build solutions, and drive operational efficiency
- Stakeholder Management - organize and structure work across a variety of cross-functional teams to deliver on shared goals and priorities
- Product - work with our product teams to develop product business cases leveraging insights from the operations team (account management, carrier sales, support, etc.)
- Balance of attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Clear communicator - You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Explorer at heart - the ability to self-serve, investigate and problem solve. You're a self-starter, and a growth mindset attitude is a must!
- Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to structure ideas into actionable plans.
- Minimum 6 years experience working in a data-driven/consulting/banking/tech role; some high-growth operations or startup experience is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of management experience
- Technical proficiency in SQL and Tableau
- First-hand experience working with both shipper and carrier partners
- Domain-specific knowledge in reliability, customer service, tracking, compliance, fraud, and/or safety in the logistics (or related) industries
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber