Art Director, Digital
About the Role
We're looking for a digital design lead with multi-channel creative experience across email, web, social, etc. They should be experienced in team management, cross-disciplinary coordination, creative and platform innovation, design system creation, marketing technology awareness, and customer experience journey consideration.
This role will entail communicating effectively with creative/art directors, designers, copywriters, developers, program, performance, and marketing managers. This person should be able to think beyond a single channel execution, identify new opportunities and execute on complex design & communication strategies, and lead customer-centric journey orchestration. Be prepared to develop concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work. As a Digital Design Lead at Uber, you'll work on multiple projects, prioritizing as needed, and efficiently managing time while giving and receiving strategic and tactical direction to team members. You'll intelligently explore the problem space with a high degree of autonomy, using the appropriate tools and levels of fidelity. Owning the design process end-to-end, moving from concept through to shipping, at multiple fidelity levels and producing handoffs to support that process.
What You'll Do
- Manage & mentor design team members across different skill levels
- Inspire and lead creative team members while also contributing in executions when necessary
- Contribute to new digital-first customer experiences across omni-channel executions and compelling user journeys
- Guide the visual tone and direction of channel executions and templates to build concepts and bring them to life
- Design multi-format communications for a brand platform where ideas can work globally and scale locally
- Develop resources, guidelines, and templates that empower the global marketing team to build appealing and thoughtful brand expressions
- Collaborate and conceptualize with multidisciplinary team including copywriters, communication designers, illustrators, environments designers, brand strategists, marketing managers, and creative directors to build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs
- Contribute to agency oversight and brand subject matter expertise.
- Ensure quality is high in all aspects of execution!!
- Develop detailed design specs for creative guidelines & production
- Present work to creative peers and leadership, selling your idea with excellent presentation skills.
- 6+ years of experience working as a Designer/Art Director/Design Lead
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience managing a creative team of five or more designers
- Expertise in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Experience working with business and marketing partners; receiving feedback and adapting work
- Experience leading large projects; ability to design according to business and technical requirements
- Portfolio of beautiful, compelling marketing and brand oriented work that speaks to customer needs or journey-based experiences across digital surfaces or touchpoints!
- Experience working on a range of digital projects including design systems, responsive web pages, paid media, email templates, digital tool kits, creative technology, content personalization, or customer journey-based executions
- Inclusive design experience and WCAG AA accessibility compliance
- A solid understanding of typography and designing to a grid
- Experience designing for different audiences (B2B, consumer, enterprise)
- Proficiency in quickly iterating in design for customer testing
- Experience concepting and designing for digital campaigns
- Experience in campaign creative art directing on set for film and photography
- User-centered design (CX, UX, UI), journey mapping, wireframing, and creative strategy
- Understand how to scale ideas for global deliverables
- Understanding or experience creating for marketing technology systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Salesforce, Sitecore, or custom internal tools.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber