Data Scientist II - Uber Freight
The Load Logistics Data Science team at Uber Freight supports all of the teams, products and processes used by UF to manage its internal operations. Specifically, we support five product charters: Load Management (the tools used by internal ops teams to manage their work), Load Intel (the tools that enable us to track freight), Accessorials (tools and processes to automate incidental fees that arise when shipping freight), Money (tools and processes to ensure timely and accurate invoicing and payments), and Appointment Scheduling (tools and processes to scheduling pick-up and drop-off appointments for all loads brokered by UF).
Data Scientists on the team partner closely with product and business stakeholders to develop the right metrics for understanding the business and how to improve our operations. When applicable, they follow up on suggested improvements by designing, fielding, and analyzing experiments to measure impact. They also partner closely with our Data Engineering team to develop and maintain production data pipelines. Finally, they partner with data scientists on the team and throughout UF to develop machine learning models that increase the efficiency of our Load Logistics stakeholders. There are opportunities to work across several different areas in the Load Logistics space, including several high priority projects flagged by UF leadership (e.g., improved appointment scheduling automation, improved sourcing of carriers through the Capacity Engine project, and more!).
What you'll do
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape product and algorithm development
- Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our marketplace to drive product development and business strategy
- Instrument events and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor our performance
- Contribute to experiment design and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Perform rigorous statistical analysis to understand the relationship between various marketplace factors that influence key outcomes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing
- Present findings to senior management to drive product decisions
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Advanced degrees in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operation Research, Machine Learning or other quantitative field
- 5+ years industry experience in consumer facing product analytics
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods such as causal Inference.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber