Sr. Software Engineer - Freight Data Platform
About the Role
Data is the true differentiator for Uber Freight in the long run. We need your help to build out the data flywheel at Uber Freight. As a Senior Engineering on the Data Platform team at Uber Freight, you will build and own tooling, pipelines and canonical dataset to power Uber Freight's analytics, intelligence and external data integration. You will be responsible for unlocking insights through strategic external data integration and acquisition. In short, you will be making the core of Freight's datasets reliable and our utilization efficient.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Design and implement platform services, frameworks and ecosystems
- Build a scalable, reliable, operable and performant big data workflow platform for Uber's data scientists/engineers, AI/ML engineers, and operations folks.
- Drive efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: performance, scaling, observability, and monitoring
- Mentor junior engineers, support your fellow teammates, review the team's technical design, code, and documentation
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science and related fields
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong programming skills with Python or Java
- Experience with software development and distributed systems and services
- Deep understand distributed system and big data architecture, experience with large-scale distributed services and storage (Zookeeper, Kafka, ELK, SQL DB, Hive, Cassandra, Presto, etc)
- Understand data processing and ETL, hands on building pipelines and workflow framework through Hive Hdfs, Presto, Spark etc.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada