Sr Content Designer / UX Writer - Uber Eats
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Design team crafts functional and delightful user experiences for consumers, restaurants, and consumers--on screen and in the real world--and helps set a people-centric long term vision for Eats. We are an interdisciplinary team including product designers, writers, and researchers.
About the Role
As a Content Designer, you'll work on the Product Design team to build intuitive, resonant experiences for the people who use our eats, courier, and merchant products. You'll use meticulously crafted language to help customers reach their goals, and you'll play an integral role in crystallizing project vision and strategy. Yes, you'll be writing. But you'll also be encouraged to understand your audience and make decisions that reflect their best interests. You're a designer--and words are your design language.
What You'll Do
- Write interface copy in our apps, which not only propel digital experiences, but also physical ones
- Build compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally
- Use metrics and research to inform and validate your work
- Collaborate with visual designers, engineers, product managers, product marketers, and many others to bring your creations to life
- Partner with legal, localization, and support to ensure your creations are appropriately and responsibly launched
- Work closely with our research team to get outside the office and better understand the needs of our consumers, couriers, and merchant partners
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skill and efficiency as a UX writer
- A degree in English, Communication, Psychology, Design, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, or any area that emphasizes storytelling and critical thinking
- A willingness to pitch ideas to cross-functional partners and an understanding of when it makes sense to push back
- Ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects. You'll have plenty to do--know where your efforts will have the most impact
- This should go without saying, but you should be able to express your ideas clearly in (very concise) writing
- An appetite for problem solving in a landscape that changes quickly
- Background in user experience or product design. Copywriting or content strategy experience in other environments is also useful, as long as you can articulate how your approach would or wouldn't adapt to the world of apps
- Experience writing spoken dialog or designing conversational or multichannel interactions
- A love of restaurants and great food!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber