Claims Advocate, APAC
What the Candidate Will Do
- Manage an inventory of claims to evaluate covered losses and liability exposure.
- Investigate new claims by reviewing first reports of loss and supporting materials to determine the best initial contact; communicate with claimants, drivers, passengers, witnesses, etc.
- Advocate for claims on behalf of claimants to support white glove customer service in tandem with quick resolution.
- Build internal reporting processes and procedures for auto-related and personal accident claims in the APAC region which will scale with Uber's growth.
- Develop ,maintain and analyse appropriate metrics, governance and control mechanisms for specialised claims handling
- Constantly improve the claim process to keep up with Uber's expansion, new products, and new insurance policies.
- Proactively investigate loss information where key data is missing or potentially inaccurate to ensure that our insurance partners are as well positioned as possible to commence claims handling without unnecessary delay
- Meet submission expectations (submissions and non-submissions) of clearing out your queue by end of business day
- Respond by the end of the workday to insurance partners, driver partners, customers, claimants, stakeholders, and third parties
- Review and address Origami tasks when due
- Meet quality expectations for submissions, inquiries, and tasks
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Professional capability in other regional languages is a plus.
- Up to 5 years of General Insurance claims handling experience or in a legal capacity
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to provide information in a clear and concise manner and to communicate with a variety of individuals.
- Extremely detail oriented, organised, self starter
- Willing to work remotely or from home on business needs.
- Willing to to travel across India/SA and APACx region occasionally depending on business needs.
- Willing to relocate to Hyderabad
What the Candidate Will Do
- Stakeholder Management
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, strong Excel skills for analysing facts and make recommendations to Risk & Actuarial teams.
- Insurance Qualification:
- Professional certification from Insurance Institute of India
- Professional certification from Insurance Surveyor & Loss Adjuster
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber