Strategy & Planning Senior Associate, Uber Eats - Community Operations
About the Role
Shape the Eats customer support experience by empowering our regionally-focused teams with curated business insights, programmatic support, and the tools/processes to drive accountability for operational excellence across a high-performing and engaged team
The Strategy & Planning Sr. Associate, Uber Eats - Community Operations will report to the Strategy & Planning Manager and will be focused on the customer support experience for eaters, couriers, and restaurants in markets across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
The role will be based in Amsterdam with the opportunity for travel across EMEA on an ad-hoc basis (<20%).
What You'll Do
The Uber Eats Community Operations Strategy & Planning team is responsible for the following five functions:
- Strategic Planning Implement a consistent and structured approach to business planning across the region in partnership with key stakeholders across the broader EMEA Community Operations organization (e.g., Regional Leads, Functional Leads, Global Leads). Support Regional Leads to collect insights, build, and implement the plan for the region. Supervise and track business priorities throughout the year and update the plan when new priorities arise.
- Program Management - Ensure a systematic approach and structure to program management across the EMEA Uber Eats Community Operations organization. Lead the end-to-end execution of programs that are relevant or that are business-critical (e.g., Safety). Stay ahead of emerging programs and anticipate the need for centralized program management where it does not currently exist.
- Performance and Business Insights - Develop insights to optimize support experiences, facilitate key business decisions, and inform the broader strategy of the EMEA Uber Eats CommOps organization. Identify and surface best practices related to performance management of key business units.
- Team Enablement - Act as an enabler for all team/people development related topics (e.g., recruitment, headcount needs, organizational structure, budget, team development opportunities, feedback loops and action plans, team culture and spirit, clarity of roles and responsibilities).
- Governance and Coordination - Develop and standardize the right meeting cadences and communication flow across the region and with key partners, to facilitate effective operations, coordination, and business reporting, as well as project and priorities review.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience within at least one of the following fields: Customer Support, Strategy, Analytics, Program Management, Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Business Intelligence, or Economics
- Team-first attitude with a bias towards collaboration and inclusion
- An analytical attitude with experience using data driven techniques to solve sophisticated, cross-functional business problems
- An eye towards continuous process improvement; you're always thinking about what's next and what we could be doing better for our customers
- Equally comfortable communicating details to front-line operators and big picture ideas to executives
- Experience with influencing executive-level decision making.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber