Sr Software Engineer I - Marketplace Matching
About the Role
The matching team directly contributes to Uber's growth and profitability by intelligently optimizing dispatch decisions. The team is dealing with a high-scale realtime backend system that's solving a complex mathematical optimization problem using machine learning.
Our matching systems optimize 1.6 trillion possible pairs and fulfill 6 billion trips annually. Though we made some breakthroughs to the system in the past few years, we are still only scratching the surface of the problem. We are looking for a talented software engineer who can contribute to moving us to the next level. As a software engineer in the Matching Foundation team, you will utilize both scalable backend engineering and distributed computing skills to make a direct impact on Uber's mission.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Translate the business level metric to the engineering/science problem
- Solving the complicated realtime matching problem by leveraging the highly scalable backed system and machine learning models.
- Own the End to End of product - backend system design, implementation, integration, and rollout.
- Evolve the matching platform to better power the rides and delivery businesses
- Collaborating in a team environment across all functions, including but not limited to engineers, product managers, data scientists, operations.
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science and related field. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Industry experience in one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, microservices
- Proven ability to translate insight into business recommendations.
- Knowledge developing and debugging in GoLang / Java
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python.
- Strong engineering and science skills.
- Industry experience in one or more of the following areas: search, ranking, recommendation systems, marketplace, ridesharing, logistic platform
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber