Associate Tax Counsel
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Tax & Reporting team builds scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial, statutory reporting, and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
About the Role
Uber is looking to add an Associate Tax Counsel to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Senior Tax Counsel and support our Global Tax Planning & Strategy Team. This is an amazing opportunity to join our Tax team and make an immediate impact. This role requires strong business acumen, coupled with a broad technical tax background. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, we're excited to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Advise cross functional teams on US federal corporate taxation including M&A tax planning and drafting support, transfer pricing, and Subpart F rules, to achieve operational efficiency and business goals
- Partner with key contacts in legal, operations, corporate development, finance, and treasury to identify and implement tax planning strategies and minimize potential tax risks
- Review contracts and collaborate with legal to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with global tax structure
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation
- Work with a global tax team
- JD required, with active membership in a state bar
- 3+ years of experience in a law firm, accounting firm, and/or in-house with a solid understanding of international tax concepts, including M&A and corporate transaction experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management team and coordinate with other teams within Uber
- Strong tax research and tax analytical skills
- Experience working with and in a cross-functional team
- Clear communication of legal concepts and ability to develop a positive narrative regarding tax positions
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear advice in a dynamic environment
- Ability to clearly communicate recommendations based on risk analysis in a highly ambiguous environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber