Software Engineer II - Frontend
About the Role
Fintech team works closely with Finance organization to build applications and solutions to enable critical accounting and finance processes at Uber.
We are looking for someone with a passion for architecting, building and scaling highly-available, mission-critical systems that support millions of users every day.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced engineer who is collaborative, has a healthy sense of curiosity and acts with responsibility to join Uber, work with hardworking people across the board and help improve Fintech platforms, scaling it to the next level.
Our engineering culture is the same across all our engineering offices: in Hyderabad, this is no different from San Francisco or our other locations.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
- Skilled at building solutions with apt architecture and design. Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems for complex web applications
- Applied knowledge of software engineering and implementing market's best and standard practices such as testing, documentation and code reviews
- Commitment to quality, performance, and efficiency
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents
What You'll Do
- Design, build and enhance web applications. The solutions you will build will be used by many teams within Uber, each with unique needs, which we need to support by making things customizable and extensible in generic ways
- Work collaboratively with the best engineers, designers, product managers, and data scientists to ship delightful experiences
- Build with scale & reliability in mind. Our solutions support Uber's always-on marketplace. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability, monitoring and reporting tooling
- Keep the bar high on sustainable engineering by following best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring
FinTech is the backbone of Uber, and we are looking for smart and motivated senior engineers who can make a difference and change the way FinTech works at Uber.
Does this sound exciting to you? Are you a tested teammate, strategic problem solver and executor? We want to hear from you.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber