Regional Operations Manager (Restaurant Analytics), Uber Eats - EMEA
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking to grow the Regional Operations Restaurants team in the EMEA HQ in Amsterdam. The mission of the Operations team is simple: make Uber Eats the preferred delivery platform for restaurants, couriers and customers in the 13 EMEA markets where we operate.
With this role within the Restaurant Operations team, you will be working on the Restaurant Growth team that aims to drive growth for our restaurant partners while helping Uber Eats hit their key profitability goals for 2021, through the management of our Restaurant Marketing Tools - Ads, Offers (Restaurant funded promotions) and Loyalty Programmes.
With this range of solutions for Restaurants, we aim to provide data driven guidance and support to Restaurants on how these tools work together and how best to invest their marketing dollars on the Uber Eats platform in order to drive growth for their business.
The work of this team is highly impactful for the business and as a result, highly visible - as one of Uber Eats's five global priorities it has been mentioned in every Global All Hands meeting since launching in 2020!
What You'll Do
- Data backed frameworks & spend models: Build comprehensive data backed frameworks & models to provide Restaurants with recommendations on how to invest their marketing dollars
- Experimentation: Design and run experiments to understand the value of different levers (Ads vs Restaurant Offers vs Loyalty programmes) for all cohorts of Restaurants
- Analytical deep dives: Conduct analytical deep dives to better understand Restaurant performance and trends that will inform our strategy on how to best drive adoption and growth
- Performance monitoring: Develop advanced reporting and analytics to measure performance of our tools, newly launched Products, build detailed Dashboards, and report key metrics to stakeholders (cross functional teams, local teams, and leadership).
- Ensure the interface between EMEA Operations and Product teams: Work with the Global Product teams to understand the performance of newly launched products.
- Stakeholder management & collaboration: you will work with a diverse set of partners, adding new value to local country teams while collaborating with cross-functional teams in the EMEA (other Regional Operations teams, Legal, Customer Support) or other regions (product and engineering teams, central risk team)
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years of experience in Business Operations, Business Consulting and/or Investment Banking with a very strong analytical background.
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Stats or equivalent.
- Advanced analytical skills in SQL and Excel. SQL is a must.
- Proven project management skills with an ability to set up and manage processes or projects from the ground up.
- Creative mindset that understands and enjoys experimental design. (Bonus points for experience with statistics)
- Proven problem solving skills with an ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require in order to structure the challenges we face into concrete action plans. A self-starter attitude is required!
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the important points, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Stakeholder management skills with experience working in diverse, cross-functional and global environments.
About the Team
Restaurant Operations is one of our 6 key verticals within Central Operations. We focus on scaling operational processes across EMEA that drive the restaurants' success on our platform. We strive to enhance the restaurant experience and empower partners to build a high quality and reliable delivery service into their core business.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber