Data Scientist II - Uber Freight
The Uber Freight Marketplace Dynamics team is responsible for the health of a two-sided trucking marketplace and is the engine that drives our cost advantage. As a Data Scientist, you will develop metrics and insights, build dashboards and frameworks, and proactively communicate and guide our product and business performance and strategy. Working alongside product managers, data scientists, engineers, you will generate hypotheses to explain key product outcomes and develop an analytical plan to test them. You will provide regular data commentary to the team and partner to implement solutions and.
What you'll do
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape product and algorithm development
- Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our marketplace to drive product development and business strategy
- Instrument events and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor our performance
- Contribute to experiment design and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Perform rigorous statistical analysis to understand the relationship between various marketplace factors that influence key outcomes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing
- Present findings to senior management to drive product decisions
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Advanced degrees in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operation Research, Machine Learning or other quantitative field
- 5+ years industry experience in consumer facing product analytics
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods such as causal Inference.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber