Director of Product Design, Uber Eats
About the Role
In addition to owning an interdisciplinary team of ~30 people, including product designers, writers, and researchers, we are looking for the Delivery Design Director to join our Design Leadership team and help build and maintain the culture and processes that will lead to the best possible outcomes for our customers. In this role you will report directly to Uber's VP of Product Design and lead the Delivery Design team to build intuitive, resonant experiences for the people who use our apps across Delivery (Uber Eats) while helping grow the Delivery Design team at Uber.
What You'll Do
- Set the bar high and help product teams ship at that quality with minimal impact on velocity.
- Lead with customer obsession, guide towards strong user experience and strategically leverage user research.
- Create vision for a large organization, work closely with Marketing/Branding and define a narrative that inspires creativity to your team and unlocks their potential as well as Uber's
- Teach the soft and hard skills that shape leaders become the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering while also developing their core competencies
- Hire excellent people and build the systems for you (and others) to effectively evaluate and hire designers and researchers who can take Uber to new levels of excellence
- Increase the efficiency of the entire team and be the example-setter where your processes will be celebrated, emulated, and copied by teams throughout the organization
- Have fun and build a culture of belonging, wellness, diversity, inclusion, and career growth for the product design organization
- Be a key member of the Product Design Leadership team and responsible for its operating structure and team culture
- 12+years of relevant experience in design and 5+ years of management experience
- Experience leading and scaling product design teams
- Experience with mobile product design
- Ability to develop senior designers and managers, and bring out their best work
- A solid understanding of designing based on metrics to achieve business objectives
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- A bonus if you are a domain specialist in the field of local, retail, transportation, food, service design, accessibility, physical/digital experiences, and career and professional services,veteran
About the Team
Delivering restaurant meals was just the start for the Delivery team. We have already expanded to groceries and alcohol and are exploring much more, because we have built a local commerce platform that connects people with what they want, when and where they want it. To leverage this platform, our Design team crafts functional and delightful user experiences connecting consumers with local merchants - on screen and in the real world - and takes the lead in setting a people-centric, long term vision for these services.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber