Associate Counsel, Commercial
Associate Counsel, Commercial
EMEA Central Legal Team (Amsterdam)
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global legal team integral to a preeminent technology company engaged in cutting edge issues, and focused on solving some of the biggest challenges in the world. This position will be based in Amsterdam, Uber's EMEA HQ, and you will be part of the EMEA Central Commercial legal team which provides region-wide commercial legal support to Uber's EMEA business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be an active and trusted business partner, and ensure the provision of timely business-focused advice to the central EMEA business based in Amsterdam.
- Advise on and coordinate region-wide projects that impact earners on both platforms.
- Understand, interpret and apply current laws and regulations as applicable to Uber's business models in the region and your areas of responsibility.
- Areas of particular relevance include commercial contracts, consumer issues, privacy, tax, competition (antitrust), regulation, new market entry, employment and IP. (So, that's pretty much everything!)
- Work closely with regional legal teams and specialist internal legal counsel.
- Work closely with other teams including tax, policy and communications to provide strategic advice.
- Lead and coordinate EMEA-wide legal reviews of products and initiatives that impact both the core Mobility (rides) and Delivery (Uber Eats) businesses
- Review EMEA-wide marketing and other public-facing materials
- Prepare and negotiate EMEA-wide commercial contracts such as business development deals with third parties, promotional agreements, sponsorships, partnerships, as well as general procurement and marketing initiatives
- Prepare and revise terms and conditions for a wide range of new and existing products and services
Working hard but having a lot of fun doing it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- At least 3+ at a top-notch law firm and/or in-house (ideally with a diverse commercial law background)
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school or university
- Ability to spot legal issues in new areas and strong skills in legal drafting and negotiation
- Ability to manage projects and stakeholders
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to re-prioritize quickly to address shifting business needs
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions
- Ability to provide practical, actionable solutions for business clients
- Ability to thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Fluent in written and spoken English (any other relevant languages are an advantage, too)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber