Multiple Positions - Strategic Operations Manager, Canada Rides
About the Role
Strategic Operations Managers are responsible for leading the development and execution of critical business strategies and initiatives, such as how we balance our marketplace, grow and engage riders and drivers, or ensure operational excellence. Being in a country operations team - supported by a number of central operations teams and functions - they are ultimately accountable for customer experience and business performance. This requires them to balance doing versus influencing, and innovating to drive profitable growth while improving the efficiency and effectiveness of core processes.
What You'll Do
We are currently hiring for three separate Operations Managers roles:
Role #1: Focus on Growth in our Rider & Driver Team
The Rider & Driver team at Uber Canada launches and scales premium mobility products, advances key growth bets, and optimizes the journeys of both riders and drivers. We are passionate about delivering a world-class experience to customers and contributing to the top-and bottom-line growth of Uber! This new role will focus on growing active users, trip frequency, and customer lifetime value.
This includes defining priority growth initiatives, managing the end-to-end execution / roll-out of growth initiatives and monitoring leading / lagging indicators of funnel conversion and customer growth, all while influencing and aligning with partner teams to take action when needed. You are both highly operational and entrepreneurial, with proven experience identifying target markets and customer segments, developing compelling value propositions and creative go to market strategies - ideally leveraging digital and performance marketing.
Role #2: Focus on Sustainability in our Rider & Driver Team
Also in our Rider & Driver Team, this new role will be responsible for our strategy and oversight of all efforts to transition our platform to be emission zero by 2030.
This includes incentivizing the transition to electric vehicles and growing rider demand for zero emission products like Uber Green, all while leading key activities and projects of varying time horizons and scope beyond sustainability. You are someone with strong strategy & operations capabilities balanced with the ability to project manage across a wide range of internal and external partners. You don't need a background in it, but there is no substitute for passion for sustainability and environmental impact.
Role #3: Focus on Pricing & Promotions in our Marketplace & Planning Team
The Marketplace & Planning team is responsible for ensuring our two-sided marketplace is healthy, the underpinnings of creating delightful journeys for riders & drivers.
You will be tasked with understanding market dynamics across Canada, while developing strategies and deploying tactics that help to balance these dynamics - including owning initiatives across pricing, promotions, and products that create competitive advantage. This role will require you to deliver strategic recommendations to senior management to drive business decisions, while reporting on performance at city and regional-level. You will need a strategic mind with strong business acumen, exceptional analytical skills and strong stakeholder management skills to influence and coordinate across a variety of teams.
Each of these roles will have an immediate impact on the ground, and on the future of one of Uber's most important Ridesharing markets - while providing broad exposure to our ever-evolving business to help you build a meaningful career at Uber.
- Bachelor's degree
- A min of 2 years experience for the Strategic Operations Manager role, or a min of 4 years to be considered for a Senior Strategic Operations Manager position
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in strategy, operations, and project/program management
- Experience with manipulation of large data sets (SQL knowledge)
- Experience with identifying, building, and improving operational processes
- Data-driven problem solving abilities, with sound business judgment and a knack for turning data into actionable insights that inform decisions
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with experience working with cross-functional global teams in developing and operationalising initiatives.
- Skilled communication and comfort sharing information formally or informally with senior audiences
- Strong project management skills, where you can prioritise and successfully drive a project from beginning to end, and work across multiple projects simultaneously
- A great teammate with demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience taking initiative in a constantly changing work environment; resilience to overcome challenges and deliver during fluid conditions using a hands-on approach
- French is an asset
By applying to this job posting, you may be considered for all three roles on the Canada Rides team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber