Customer Support Operations Manager - Safety
About the Role
Safety is a critical issue that resonates everywhere Uber operates. It's crucial for our users, our business, and our brand. Uber is committed to making Safety our top priority globally.
We're looking for a Community Operations Manager for our Safety Team in Japan who will be based out of Tokyo and will be a strong thought leader for the Community Operations group and strategic partner to the Trust & Safety organisation. This person will be at the forefront of defining the right response to safety, media and legal threat related issues with a strong obsession for best customer experience and utmost care for their safety.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on safety, people management, leading leaders, data analytics, and continuous process improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate these skills and be eager to lead.
What You'll Do
- You'll be tasked to manage safety, media and legal escalations, in an innovative way at a company that's growing at an amazing speed and changing constantly
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs. You will be managing a team of 12 to 15 Specialists
- Transform our current support systems into something that drives immense value for the company
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven process improvements.
- Be a passionate advocate for all eaters, courier partners and restaurant partners and answer any questions that come your way in a high stress, fast moving environment.
- Work with our engineering and process teams to improve internal tools and user experience
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber's community and provide feedback to the rest of the company.
- Pilot and own and prioritize new initiatives and support-driven projects to continuously improve the level of support we provide
- Establish a culture of "safety first" and "doing the right thing" even when not popular, by setting the right tone from the top
- Flexible to working in shifts
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 3 years of customer support operations experience
- People management experience of at least 4 years
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- People management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide your teams through challenging managerial situations
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in high-volume or super dynamic work environment
- Consulting or Investment Banking background preferred but not required
- Previous managerial or project lead experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber