About the Role
At Uber, the Business Analysts will help drive analysis behind decisions related to operations, processes, and optimizations. They create, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist regional, and global operations. The role largely requires developing analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products. They need to be a big-picture problem solver and strategic partner. They also need to demonstrate analytical thinking through data-driven decisions and possess the technical know-how, fascination, and ability to work with your team to make a big impact.
- Maturity of the LOB: High
- Decision Making: High
- Level of Independence: High
Modality Proficiency: High
- Single Point of Contact: High
- Back-up Support/Backfill: High
Partner Impact: High
What You'll Do
- Extract data from multiple databases independently
- Build dashboards independently using SQL / Google Suite / Data Studio
- Create dashboards using DashBuilder / R Shiny with supervision
Generate trends by integrating data from various sources into a cohesive story and present findings and recommendations clearly
What You'll Need
- Preferred work experience of at least 1 year doing data processing, analysis, and/or automation work in Finance / Tech / FMCG / Consulting companies
- Strong working knowledge of any querying language, especially SQL
- Proficient in one or more tools (e.g. Data Studio, Dashbuilder, Querybuilder, Python, R, Shiny, etc)
Experience in handling partner expectations and able to understand the business need behind the request.
Good to Have/Bonus points
- Proven leadership capability and/or demonstrated independent ability to deliver output that matches or exceeds partner expectations
Application of Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning Algorithms to tackle some of the most complex Business Problems
About the Team
The Center of Excellence Analytics & Reporting team is responsible to build and maintain outstanding reports to monitor the key Business Metrics and identify anomalies that will fix the problem at an early stage. Apart from this, the ART is involved in conducting Deep Dive, Root Cause & in some cases Statistical Analysis, to unravel major problems and provide solutions.
The team works in alignment with different Regional CommOps managers, CommOps leadership, guarantees results, and consequently delivers the highest service level for our riders, driver-partners, eaters, and couriers. The work that is done is mostly investigative and is encouraged to bring informative results that can be implemented to optimize daily operations and also sometimes adaptable to apply regionally or globally. Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis is one of the key responsibilities to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber