Country Manager, Uber for Business 'U4B'
This is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of the Uber for Business organization. We need creative thinkers and builders with previous sales experience who are passionate about developing a new kind of sales organization at Uber. You'll be on the ground introducing businesses to Uber while developing and testing new strategies around sales and client success. We need a highly motivated self-starter, with an engaging personality who thrives in a team environment.
As U4B's country manager for Japan, you will own the inbound leads process as well as source and qualify new companies that would be a great fit for Uber products, across enterprise and mid-market segments. You'll also interface with cross-functional teams at Uber to align our U4B strategies to the Ridesharing and Marketing organizations with the goal of driving quality leads for the sales organization and growth of the self-service sign up channel.
What you'll do:
- Drive revenue generation for Uber for Business through prospecting, qualifying and closing new businesses
- Construct, forecast, and manage your sales pipeline via Salesforce CRM
- Understand lead qualification and work with sales operations to develop optimal sales process and accuracy
- Build sales playbook that will be used to scale globally and train our growing team
- Work with Client Success team to ensure ongoing optimization and continued growth of Uber for Business client base in the Japan market
- Work with Uber marketing teams to devise country specific marketing tactics to drive continued growth of Uber for Business
- Be able to execute in short-term sprints while maintaining a vision for long-term sustained success
- Communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email and in-person meetings
- Be prepared to share knowledge and communicate with teams around the globe
- Develop strong relationships with key clients that will generate revenue as new features go-to-market
- Wear multiple hats: sales strategy, lead generation, sales rep, account manager, and collaboration with product marketing and product management to surface local insights
- Identify prospect needs, understand business drivers behind requests, and explain the Uber value proposition
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree. MBA preferred.
- Experience leading enterprise sales and business development teams in a high-growth technology company or early-stage organisation.
- Experience making data-driven decisions to develop sales strategy and processes.
- High achiever with proven track record of creating meaningful partnerships that drive growth including consistently over-achieving sales targets.
- Experience growing and managing a team of Sales and Account Managers.
- Previous P&L responsibility for a sales department.
- Native level proficiency in Japanese
- Business level proficiency English
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber