Courier Operations Manager, Uber Eats - UK&I
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for an Operations Manager who can have a direct impact on the success of one of Uber Eats' largest countries. The Courier Operations Manager will join the Central Operations team and have responsibility for courier onboarding at a national level. They will be owning critical projects from conception to execution and jumping on challenges as they emerge.
This role calls for a combination of project and stakeholder management, strategic thinking, analytics and strong operational execution. Further, as Uber Eats is a new business and remains a fast paced environment, we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
The Courier Operations Manager will be responsible for creating strategies, managing projects and building insights to ensure we create the best possible Uber experience for our couriers. From optimising and improving our onboarding processes, to working with partners to deliver value to our couriers, you'll be helping to drive Uber Eats' growth forward. You'll be required to use data to identify operational weaknesses in the delivery experience and build scalable processes, and work across the business with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Own our end-to-end onboarding process and be responsible for bringing new couriers on to the platform successfully
- Ensure all new couriers meet complete compliance and safety standards through robust policies and their execution
- Work with our support teams to provide delivery partners with the best possible onboarding experience from start to finish
- Partner successfully with third party service providers to bring innovation to our platform
- Build rock solid performance tracking dashboards, ensure transparency across the UKI Eats team into new courier performance
- Make sure that new couriers joining the platform are educated in how to be a successful delivery partner. Set them up for success on the app
- Analyse courier, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply across our cities.
- Make sure that we are bringing the right amount of new supply into the marketplace at every location that we operate
What You'll Need
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Business Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, or equivalent
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience within a similar position, having managed stakeholders and demonstrated an ability to adapt to a fast-moving working environment
- Robust data analytics and technical skills:
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL - build complex tables & queries.
- First-hand experience with statistical analysis and experimentation techniques
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience using Python, R or similar programming languages
- Experience working in a start-up, with hands-on experience
- Experience working with Product teams
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber