Senior Software Engineer II - Backend (Ads)
About the Role
Uber is changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago, we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of cities everywhere. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
We're looking for Senior backend engineers to join our team to help grow the UberEats ads business which enables eaters to discover new foods, and restaurants to grow their customer base. You'll work with teams behind apps used by millions globally every day and be a part of the technical foundations of a new product.
What You'll Do
Make improvements to ads platform for Uber to un-lock value for consumers, advertisers and Uber.
- Technical strength with 7+ years of experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- Demonstrated examples of project leadership roles, delivering production-level features from inception, and promoting a high-quality culture amongst the team
- Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly-scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique exponential growth requirements.
- Demonstrated experience easily speaking to the operational aspects of monitoring, alerting, and structuring code for production-level debugging and optimization.
- You have a strong command of a backend stack (eg. Golang, Java, Node.js, Python, etc)
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
- Industry experience working on distributed systems: developing reliable, high performance, highly scalable and low latency software
- Demonstrable knowledge of the principles of fault-tolerance, reliability and durability.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple levels of an organization
- Contribute to the wider software community through open source
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber