Sr User Experience Researcher - UberEats, Consumer
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Design team crafts functional and delightful user experiences for consumers, restaurants, and consumers--on screen and in the real world--and helps set a people-centric long term vision for Eats. We are an interdisciplinary team including product designers, writers, and researchers.
About the Role
The Uber Eats User Experience Research Team is hiring experienced researchers to help us fulfill our mission to deeply understand people and context to champion customer obsession and define the future of Uber Eats. Our Research Team informs and influences the most important product decisions with exceptional insights about people, technology, and services in our current and future world.
In this role, you will shape the product vision of our Consumer pillar, one of Uber's most strategic and impactful product areas. You will do this by uncovering unique user-centered opportunities that help Uber create holistic and compelling experiences for the consumers of our app.
If you're inspired by this mission, unafraid to push your limits, and want to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun environment, we'd love to talk.
What you'll do:
- Work with our Product and Design teams to creatively identify and explore new opportunities to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Design and conduct foundational, formative, and evaluative qualitative and quantitative user research
- Pioneer research methods when creative methods are necessary
- Collaborate with a diverse group of cross-functional product, design, engineer, and product marketing partners to achieve alignment and impact
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to drive understanding and user empathy across the organization
- Use your expertise to teach your quantitative and qualitative methods to other members of this team
- 3+ years of professional experience conducting user research
- Master's or Ph.D. Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field; or BA/BS and equivalent industry experience in a product-centric environment
- Previous experience conducting international research and working on products with global impact
- Previous experience in B2B research, building advertising products, and/or advertising/marketing.
- An understanding of research methods strengths and weaknesses and experience planning and conducting mid-to-large scale research projects across various product phases
- Experience with mixed methods - both qualitative and quantitative - with a focus on more strategic research
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases
- Ability to concisely and persuasively communicate research findings
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber