Compliance Manager - Taiwan
About the Role
APAC Payments is a new Global team responsible for the strategy and delivery for Payments and Financial products across Uber's Mobility and Delivery businesses in APAC. The team's focus is to design and implement a payments strategy that meets customers' needs at best cost, with low fraud, and full compliance. The APAC Compliance Manager, Taiwan, will be responsible for ensuring that we have the right systems and approaches in place to meet all our Financial Compliance requirements in Taiwan. This role will work with many external and internal stakeholders including Operations, Business Development Product, Finance and Legal.
What You'll Do:
- Own the coordination of and be responsible for the high quality delivery of all aspects of compliance operations for Taiwan. This includes managing cross-functional relationships with operational teams and the technical platforms being used.
- Be Uber's local officer accountable for Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering Financing of Terrorism (CFT) responsibilities
- Understand AML/ CFT responsibilities applicable to Uber, including but not limited to the Money Laundering Control Act and the Self-Regulatory Guidelines for Cooperation between the Acquiring Bank and the Third-Party Payment Service Providers. Ensure Uber's 1st and 2nd line compliance are appropriate for KYC, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening & reporting, AML monitoring & reporting
- Create policies & schedules for 1st line compliance. Ensure their proper and effective implementation
- Own 2nd line compliance. Find and resolve gaps in quality of delivery and gaps in controls. Track and ensure their remediation and act as the point of accountability.
- Ensure 3rd line compliance (Internal Audit) is regularly and appropriately informed and engaged
- Establish and convene a Taiwan AML/ CFT Committee. Own the delivery and communication of operational metrics to management and leadership and report internally.
- Design and implement regular training for all relevant Uber staff
- Ensure appropriate document retention and record-keeping standards are in place and adhered to with relevant teams
- Communicate and cooperate with local regulatory authorities including representing Uber and responding to both written and verbal inquiries with such authorities.
- Manage projects: Work with the Operations, global teams and Product Management team on the design, implementation, operation, and quality assurance of the systems and tools supporting all aspects of compliance operations. Align roadmaps, flag and track issues, and be the accountable party for the delivery and operations of these toolsets.
- Step into gaps. This is a new team in a fast-moving business. There will always be things coming up not on anyone's job description that you'll need to work out and address.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years' experience in a large organisation including demonstrated competency in building operational compliance frameworks.
- Sound knowledge of relevant compliance & risk practices, framework & regulatory obligations.
- Organised, self-motivated go-getter. Great at proactively creating clarity and outcomes in a fast-paced and agile environment. Able to prioritise with minimal oversight.
- Effective in a matrix environment with superior stakeholder management skills. Expert at building strong and productive relationships with people of all functions and levels across APAC and the globe, including senior leaders.
- Operational. Can translate a vision into the operational changes and realities required to make it real and get stuff done.
- Experience preparing internal documents & responding to regulatory enquiries to support appropriate governance.
- An owner-mindset. Will take ownership of outcomes & have the ability to work with business unit teams to identify issues and drive performance.
- Ability to communicate complexity in a simple & clear manner to any audience, both verbally and in writing.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and/or similar AML compliance certifications preferred
- Prior Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), AML Officer, or similar role experience a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber