Software Engineer 2 - Data - Rider Verticals
About the role:
Collaborates with team members to develop and maintain data tools and solutions (e.g., pipelines, models, tables) to acquire, process, and store data. This role also designs and develops large-scale data systems (e.g., databases, data warehouses, big data systems), platforms, and infrastructure for various analytics and business applications.
About the Team:
Rider Vertical team builds products ranging from Airports and Reserve to Connect and Hourly rides. Data underpins our products, enabling intelligent decision making and improved user experiences.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 1-year full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 1-year total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming and scripting language (e.g. Python, SQL, Java/Scala)
- Big data frameworks (e.g. Spark, Flink, Presto), data modeling, and writing ETLs
- Designing pipelines or system components in the big data ecosystem
- Note the 1-year total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The year of specialized experience is not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Data Analytics
- Data Modeling
- Big Data Processing
- Data Storage Systems
- Distributed Systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber