Program Manager, Central Operations (Efficiency)
About the Role
Efficiency is a cornerstone of Uber Freight's strategy. We're working to build a platform that creates a seamless end-to-end experience for our Shippers, Carriers, and Internal Operations teams. Through its work on automation, outsourcing, and process design, the Efficiency team on Central Ops brings this vision to life on a daily basis.
As a Program Manager, you will drive continuous improvement to processes across the entire load lifecycle, from tender acceptance, to scheduling, to invoicing. You'll work with our internal operations teams to redesign, standardize, and simplify their work.
You'll own and shape our strategy for Efficiency by spending time going deep operationally & analytically to uncover new findings. You'll bring those findings to life by leading and executing project-based work to build processes and systems that allow us to scale our operation at the lowest possible cost.
The leadership you provide and improvements you drive in the Efficiency space will play a critical role in Uber Freight's ability to deliver on our vision to scale our operation at an industry leading cost while providing excellent service to our shippers and carriers.
What You'll Do
- Project Management - Identify, plan, and execute projects and root cause analyses to improve our existing processes for account management and customer programs.
- Operations Management - collaborate with account management teams, carrier sales, tracking and other teams to identify process inefficiencies, build solutions, and drive operational efficiency (e.g. centralizing repeatable processes, account strategy and growth, weekly performance reporting)
- Analytics - create and execute various analytics projects to inform team strategy and internal stakeholders; including the development of reports, dashboards, and scripts/automations using Google Suite, SQL, Tableau, R, and Python
- Stakeholder Management - organize and structure work across a variety of cross-functional teams to deliver on shared goals and priorities
- Product - work with product operations and product teams to develop business cases and insights from operations team (account management, carrier sales, support and tracking)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 1 year experience in an analytics-focused role
- Experience problem solving and proposing unique solutions to complex issues while providing top tier customer support
- Technical proficiency in Google/Microsoft productivity tools
- Technical proficiency in SQL
- First-hand experience working with both shipper and carrier partners
- Technical proficiency in Tableau
- Technical proficiency in Python, R, or other advanced programming languages
- Domain-specific knowledge in reliability, customer service, tracking, compliance, fraud, and/or safety in the logistics (or related) industries
- Experience developing and executing on project proposals (end-to-end)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic and sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Data-driven approach to making decisions and measuring performance
- Commitment to continuously improving (self and business)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada