Head of Safety Platform Access LATAM
About the Role
We are searching for a highly motivated individual to lead the LatAm Safety Platform Access team.
If you like working in a fast paced environment, solving and identifying real safety problems and translating them into clear and meaningful actions this is the perfect position. This role is part of Uber's Safety Operations team - within the Global Safety organization, but also embedded deeply with the LatAm Mobility+Delivery businesses.
In this role you will need to have a solid foundation in Operations management, being able to handle several work streams from a strategic perspective and at the same time deep dive in the details to identify gaps and/or improvement opportunities. Prioritisation and sense of urgency are also critical, as screenings impact directly on business metrics and funnel.
The team needs a Leader that has proven people management strengths or has shone an ability to encourage, connect, and grow people around them! This role will be based in Mexico City or Sao Paulo, once return to work commences (virtual until then).
This team's responsibilities includes:
- Screenings management: Management of all the screenings process for both Mobility and Delivery. This includes user verification & identity, merchant compliance, background checks, as well as risk and account integrity processes.
- Automations: Management and development of automations/scripts to support and improve screenings processes
- Vendor management: BGC and identity vendor management. Defining processes and setting targets for process improvement, cost management, metrics monitoring and auditing.
- Product launches: Partner with CommOps, X-functional teams (legal, privacy, comms & policy), product and local ops to plan and prepare for product launches, developing playbooks and ensuring a smooth execution of the product launches.
- Safety Governance: Partnering with Central Safety and the analytics team to support our Safety Governance initiatives (i.e., Safety Committee meetings, Risk Register, etc)
- Special Projects: Leading special projects to advance safety
- Prove existing or develop new processes to keep us as efficient as possible, optimizing for funnel conversion and cost reduction. Partner with local teams and data science to identify improvement opportunities for existing features.
What You'll Do
- Leadership: Develop the team of individual contributors, coaching and supporting them on project management, prioritisation and execution.
- Strategy and vision: Set the long term strategy and vision for platform access, clearly defining the short and long term goals, as well as the roadmap for execution. Challenge the status quo and work with the team to develop business cases to build solutions and products to solve identified issues.
- Lead by example: Set a high bar for the team to think ambitiously and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action.
- Build Internal Relationships: Work with partners across mobility and delivery to deepen business expertise and to effectively represent and bring forward Safety programs and products
- Build Foundation Platform Access Measurement: Partner with the Analytics team and Central Safety, to build the tools and processes to measure screenings program success.
- Product management: Manage the relationship with the identity, screenings and risk identity teams. Work very closely with the product teams, influencing the product agenda, providing compelling data and business cases to ensure LatAm's most relevant tech requests are prioritized.
- Product lanches: Lead or support the team in the launch of products/features in the region.
- Vendor management: Work very closely with the business development on vendor management, supporting on cost/contract negotiation and on developing new partnerships. Manage vendor metrics and SLAs.
- Improve Processes: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep us as efficient as possible, optimizing for funnel conversion and cost reduction. Partner with local teams and data science to identify improvement opportunities for existing features.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of related experience
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Economics, Engineering, Business or other quantitative fields.
- Basic SQL knowledge required (Intermediate preferred)
- Experience in vision setting, planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- Ability to coach, develop, and excite team members to foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Demonstrated decision-making skill. Think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make smart long-term decisions. Comfortable making decisions in an uncertain scenario.
- Critical thinking. Break down broad problems to create prioritized forward-thinking action plans.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; we persevere when others fall away.
- Basic knowledge of negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management: Effectively navigate through the organization, influencing discussions at the highest levels and a demonstrated ability to find common ground and align cross functional partners and teams with conflicting agendas
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber