Head of Cities Postmates US
About the Role
As the Head of Cities you will be responsible for the success of the main cities where Postmates operates in the US. You will directly lead a group of self motivated, action oriented Territory Managers responsible for clusters of cities in our portfolio. You will need to build strong relationships and collaborate with functional teams supporting Postmates, such as Marketing, UberEats Territory Teams, and dedicated Postmates growth and strategic planning teams.
A successful Head of Cities will develop and execute the operational plans to win in all the cities based on a portfolio approach, drive and develop their team, and excel at cross functional teamwork.
In this role you will be in charge of handling our tiers of cities, and developing strategies and operational plans that build from what central teams (Strategy & Planning and Eater Operations) will be developing for the business. You will also be engaging Marketing and Restaurant Marketing to develop specific campaigns and events with relevant merchants (exclusives primarily). It will be fundamental that you build the knowledge and city level understanding to build the SMB (small/medium business) leads Postmates would benefit from engaging more closely. You will bring them to the platform, proposing exclusive relationships that are beneficial for all, including eaters.
Your challenge will include developing operating models to engage the current organization, and ensuring there is little duplication with UberEats territory managers.
Your team will be made up of three Territory Managers, currently assigned against tiers of cities, so that you can develop different ways of operating and executing ranging from a high touch tailored approach to LA, to a centralized, scalable way for the tier 3 cities.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Postmates and Uber teams to build best-in-class strategy
- Develop a track data related to the health and growth of the cities
- Manage the team to ensure development. As a leader you will resource solutions and removing blockers
- Report on progress, risks and opportunities to your manager and peers.
- Be a specialist for your market(s); understand the consumers and ensure those insights are being ported back into strategies
- Focus on the health of the Postmates business (operations and experience) within a specific area or city; monitor metrics and contribute to regular reporting
- Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience in a related field (consulting, operations, strategy, tech, investment banking)
- Previous managerial experience
- Experience problem solving, prioritizing and deconstructing sophisticated problems
- Good business judgement and critical thinking skills, with the ability to use data to quickly develop tactics and make decisions. Comfortable understanding the business through its financial information
- Teamwork skills - detailed in taking care of different people, and able to build relationships with a diverse set of internal partners in a constantly evolving environment
- High resourcefulness and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot quickly from long-term thinking to immediate action tactical response. Able to balance multiple contending demands
- Curious and eager to learn about all aspects of the business. Can build up skills and knowledge fast to become a recognized reference in a given subject matter amongst your peers
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber