Category Operations Manager UK&I
About the Role
Uber Eats is looking for an operations manager to grow the Chinese category on Uber EATS in the UK&I. This role calls for a combination of operational excellence, problem solving, sales & relationship management. The operations manager will report to the Chinese category lead and have a direct impact on partnerships, team development and the product roadmap - helping Chinese restaurants grow their business sustainably with the goal of making Uber Eats their most loved delivery platform.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Uber users, partner restaurants, and partner drivers are able to experience the magic of Uber Eats. We are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next. You should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, thrive in a startup culture, and above all be passionate about food.
What you will do
- Leadership: Coach and take a deep interest in the career development of the members of the Chinese category team (Strategy, Sales and Account Management)
- Growth: own the performance of the Chinese category, and lead initiatives to drive topline and bottom line results. (total sales, exclusivities, commercials and marketing)
- Commercial Management: Lead commercial discussions with large partners to build sustainable long-term partnerships.
- Partner with internal teams: Work closely with internal stakeholders in the UK&I and globally (eg. Product, Support, Courier Operations) to develop tailored solutions and solve problems.
- Build tools and processes: Use your analytical ability combined with operational rigour to build tools and processes to drive forward the growth of the category & partnerships.
What you'll need
- Fluent speaker and writer in English and Mandarin (Cantonese would be advantageous)
- At least 3 years of experience in operations management / management consulting / business development / strategy work in a large business, or a growing startup.
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound commercial judgment through analytical thinking to assess partner performance and financial viability.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ownership driven mentality and ability to cope with pressure in an environment where not everything is perfect yet.
- Strong excel skills to analyse data to support decision-making. SQL knowledge is advantageous.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber