Voice of the Customer Analyst
About the Role
The Voice of the Customer (VOC) Insights specialist will engage directly with customers after a support interaction to gain a better sense for the issues that led to the customer challenges and support dissatisfaction. We will then synthesize these findings with a team to product takeaways and recommendations on how to mitigate specific customer challenges, developing a Voice of the Customer insight. A VOC representative will need to communicate compassionately with customers, identify root causes to complicated support interactions, and develop theories on how to address those. This role will have a direct impact on improving the customer's experience through post-support callbacks and customer experience improvement recommendations.
What the candidate will do
- Review low CSAT contacts to identify thematic root causes for low customer satisfaction.
- Conduct customer callbacks to gain deeper knowledge of the customer's dissatisfaction.
- Synthesize contact reviews and callbacks into recommendations for CommOps, Ops, and Product.
- Use VOC data uncovered via contact reviews and callbacks to identify representative anecdotes that illustrate common customer experiences.
- Support team lead in generation of Voice of the Customer insight presentations
What the Candidate Will Need
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to expertly and respectfully express opinions and voice concerns with other team members, to listen optimally, and to present effective written communication to varied audiences
- Teamwork - You value the importance of partnership and nurture collaboration
- Customer empathy - You have a deep understanding of the user experience and the ability to resolve customer support requests in outstanding and creative ways
- Ability to think creatively - You come up with innovative ideas for how to improve the customer experience using systems or processes that may not already exist at Uber. You demonstrate the voice of the customer to come up with the best case scenarios independent of existing systems.
- Excellent organization of projects, and customer impact levels - You effectively prioritize data, coordinate your insights and recommendations from VOC data into the highest-impact key themes
- Strong English phone support skills
- Good attendance record - consistently present and meet deadlines for insight presentations. You are a hardworking contributor to the greater VOC team during brainstorms and presentations.
- Strong process orientation - follow legally required guidelines while also collecting valuable insights from our customers.
- Storytelling - tell clear stories to partners, expressing customers' current and ideal experiences. You use storytelling to convey VOC and to convey a sense of urgency for external partners to address issues.
- Data analytics - identify trends in data and, using Google Sheets, you're able to let VOC data guide a customer narrative. You're able to use Pivot tables to organize data sets.
- Adherence to contact review and callback process
- Insights generated that are supported with specific customer interactions
- Ability to collaborate with the team to aggregate feedback and produce cohesive narratives.
- Willingness to work in shifts (rotating day/night shifts, rotating weekend offs -- total working hours will be 40 hours a week, 5 days, 8 working hours every single day)
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber