Applied Scientist - Research and Economics, Policy Economics
Our policy applied scientists support our policy issue experts around the world, equipping them with data to support our public policy positions. The Economics team produces in-house research and collaborates with world-leading academics to understand our marketplace and improve our product.
About the Role
The Policy Economics team conducts research that forms the foundation for our policy positions and helps policymakers, thought leaders, and the general public gain a better understanding of our platform. We partner with experts around the world to deliver impactful research about independent work and the economics of marketplaces.
What You'll Do
- Conduct rigorous, careful statistical and econometric analysis in support of our research priorities
- Manage relationships with our outside research partners to ensure research collaborations run efficiently
- Collaborate with in-country policy teams to develop research that speaks to their local contexts
- Experience in data science, with a proven ability to learn and/or use tools such as SQL, Python, and R to work efficiently at scale
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate complex topics to audiences with different backgrounds
- A track record of working independently and conducting research with minimal oversight
- A bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, or another quantitative social science field; candidates with a relevant PhD and/or extensive experience will be evaluated (and compensated) commensurate with their education and experience
- Experience in policy-relevant, empirical economics research
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative and productive research relationships with external research partners
- Passion for Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber