Head of Direct Sales- SMB - Eats Japan
About the Role
This position takes care of Uber SMB acquisition team. The mission is to manage resources, and maximize SMB restaurants' acquisition in various channels (ex. outbound, inbound sales).
Uber Eats is looking for a passionate leader to develop and manage our JP SMB Outbound sales team. You will lead our efforts to acquire the best selection of restaurants across Japan, and ensure a customer experience that is outstanding. The ideal candidate is a strong strategic thinker, process-oriented, empathetic, data-driven, and a self-starter with experience in both mature and start-up environments. You'll succeed in this role if: you are a strategic thinker with an aptitude for solving complex problems; you are a skilled and passionate people leader who can inspire and motivate a team; you are customer focussed, and understand how to lead an
outbound sales team to drive best in class execution across a large lead base.
The team has 50+ members. The candidate needs to manage directly manage for 3-5 people and/or indirectly 50+ team members.
What You'll Do:
You will lead a number of representatives across Japan focusing on the following core responsibilities:
- Go-to-market strategy: in partnership with counterparts in operations and strategy, build & execute an acquisition plan that delivers business results with an outstanding customer experience.
- People management: Manage and cultivate highly successful and engaged sales representatives who make things happen. Coach, monitor, evaluate, and develop the performance of individuals on your teams.
- Team leadership: Create an excellent culture in your team centered on customer focus, passion for Uber Eats, and achieving the best possible results.
- Commercial accountability: deliver on your team's commercial objectives, implement an efficient sales management system with your team and drive sales discipline.
- Pilot and scale: Work with your team and key stakeholders to develop pitches and approaches that appeal to our customers, in keeping with the overall strategy and mission of the Uber Eats business.
- Stakeholder engagement: collaborate with appropriate internal and external stakeholders, bringing them along on the journey. Be a thought partner to your GM stakeholder on achieving restaurant growth in the region.
- 8+ years of experience in B2B high growth companies with a track record of sales performance and leadership experience in acquisition or/and retention & development.
- 5+ years people management experience, preferably in a sales environment.
- Sales transformation skills, stakeholder influencing skills and ability to manage through ambiguity are also core to success.
- Fluency in both Japanese and English (business level) is necessary.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber