Regional Security Lead, North Asia
About the Role
As the Security Lead North Asia, you will work closely with the Regional Security Manager, ANZ & NA overseeing the security of Uber's people, properties, and assets throughout the region. You will work cross functionally with local and regional leadership to support and execute on globally focused projects, and assist in the development and execution of all security processes and programs across the region.
The right person will thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves finding creative solutions to complex problems and can move decisively to protect our people, assets and reputation.
We're seeking a passionate, highly motivated and detail-oriented security professional to provide practical, physical security support to the team, managing data processes and metrics while ensuring accuracy, completeness and integrity. You will provide guidance, support and make recommendations to resolve physical security concerns. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate excellent judgement, work well under pressure, prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the globe. You will provide expertise as we work to help solve challenges that deliver significant business value. You will be an effective communicator with the ability to explain Uber's complex data in a clear and concise manner.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the Physical Security of all staff and sites in cities across North Asia including the Philippines
- Under the guidance of Regional Security Manager ANZ & NA, coordinate response and incident management to address threats towards company staff, properties, assets & operations
- Administrative and project management and support to ensure that operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner while managing and driving security operation reports
- Site security assessments, risk assessments and mitigation
- Implement the Physical Security strategy in your region in alignment with the business goals
- Implement processes and metrics - use data to make decisions
- Maintain strong relationships, effective communication and coordination across all regional business operations
- Develop strong relationships with local law enforcement agencies as well as private sector peers
- Use your analytical experience to manage and assess large volumes of data, identifying security weaknesses including projects and ongoing reporting
- Produce concise yet thorough reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Management, selection, oversight of security guard vendors
- Articulate surges, spend rationalizations, manage costs
- Identifying training needs and delivering to personnel (risk based approach) Investigations of theft/support for ER/HR
- Training and Awareness for employees
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree, military or law enforcement experience plus 5+ years of relevant experience, including 2 years at Uber or similar company. Recent hands-on experience throughout North Asia is mandatory and broader experience outside the region is a bonus
- Military or law enforcement background is a big plus
- Creative 'can do' attitude towards problem solving
- Attention to detail in both written and oral communication
- Ability to manage security challenges in a constantly changing fast paced environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communicator; must be articulate and persuasive with the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally - English fluency in written and verbal communication is mandatory
- Able to scale with the business and thrive in a rapid growth environment
- Experience managing contract security services
- Working knowledge of local laws and regulations that govern security, criminal and regulatory matters
- Proven ability to work with large data and experience identifying and driving process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring metrics, analysing data and partnering with internal teams
- Project management and reporting skills
- A well established professional network of security contacts within the region
- Capable of fostering a culture of Trust, Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to work flexible hours under pressure
- Travel required as needed to get things done
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber