Senior Strategic Operations Associate, Rides (CHI)
About the Role
Uber is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our North City Operations team, the team that is responsible for Uber's Rides business in the Midwest & Northeast regions of the US, including New York City, Chicago, and Boston. If you love managing complex projects and multiple cross-functional partners, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you. The ideal candidate will excel at solving complex problems, managing multiple work streams and engaging with stakeholders to deliver on key business goals.
Our City Operations teams work where Uber's digital technology meets the real world. We are the local eyes for Uber, and own city-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. Strategic Operations Managers are responsible for developing functional business strategies, such as how we comply with regulatory requirements, build and scale processes, manage local markets, and identify operational weaknesses.
We are seeking multiple candidates for our North City Operations team, including roles on our Core Experience and Regulatory Strategy & Operations sub-teams. In the Core Experience role, you'll use our vast amounts of data to inform business strategies: ensure balance in the marketplace, identify ways to continually make the Uber experience better for drivers and riders, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, develop and launch new product offerings, and more. In the Regulatory Strategy & Operations role, you'll work on fiercely regulated markets including New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Massachusetts, among others. Our work spans Policy, Legal, Privacy, Customer Support, Litigation, and Marketplace teams. Some regulatory themes you might handle in this role include: labor, congestion, driver access, trip fees, safety, fraud, and electric vehicles.
What You'll Do
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
- Execute on business critical regulatory and compliance processes to ensure we meet our legal obligations, including reporting, payments and audits
- Identify business priorities such as growth opportunities or operational weaknesses and help drive the team's strategy and improve or innovate processes
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with local and other Central Operations teams, as well as policy, legal, marketing, product, and other functions, to ensure that insights inform broader critical initiatives
- Own business strategies as well as local market strategies and be responsible for monitoring, correcting, and executing business processes
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience
- Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data management skills
- 4+ years of experience in strategy / consulting / business intelligence or related experience.
- Some high-growth operations, tech, or startup experience
- SQL strongly preferred
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis skills via spreadsheets
- Clear Communicator with ability to work across business functions
- Self-motivated, works well independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber