Senior Data & Projects Analyst- APAC COE Projects
About the Role
Strong ability to find solutions for complex problems. You have comfort with data and can translate that into reporting and suggestions for specific actions. You are precise, thorough, and able to work independently in order to meet global deadlines. You are passionate about making business decisions through data and analytics. You can communicate with high level stakeholders and demonstrate tremendous ownership.
About the Team:
The COE Analytics & Reporting team is responsible to build and maintain, daily, weekly and monthly reporting to the COE. One of the responsibility of the COE A&R team is to detect optimization opportunities and work on process improvement using the six-sigma or kaizen method.
The team works in synergy with site operations in the COE, together with Workforce, Quality and Learning, guaranteeing results of the COE and consequently the highest service level for our riders, driver partners, eaters and couriers. The work that are done by the team is mostly investigative and is expected to bring insightful results which can be implemented to optimize daily operations and also sometimes adaptable to apply regionally or globally. Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis is one of the key responsibility to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed.
What you will Do:
* Ability to conceptualize, build, and maintain Python/R based solutions in addition to excellent SQL and general programming/coding skills. * Be a thought partner for CommOps and handle projects independently from conceptualisation, analysis and delivery * Work on building statistical tools and develop classification models, predictive models etc to aid decision making * Work alongside decision scientists, engineering teams in building and adopting latest tools & techniques for data analysis ( R shiny dashboards) * Dig deep into Uber data sources and identify opportunities of improvement across metrics and operations independently * Drive analysis on projects and important strategic decisions improving the experience for our driver partners and riders * Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes * Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products * Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep support teams as efficient as possible * Act as POC/Project Analyst for APAC COE Projects * Amenable to shifting schedule
What you will Need:
- Good knowledge in Python/R in addition to excellent SQL and general programming/coding skills
- In-depth knowledge of data structures along with having proficient business context.
- Exceptional Analytical, problem solving, Excel and data management skills
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques and ability to employ stats in solving business problems
- Effective people and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong communication and organization skills, with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Ability to self-serve, investigate, get the required data and expertise in data visualization/presentation
- Ability handle/manage and end to end projects right from ideation to final execution by collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- 3+ years of work experience in Analytics/ Business Intelligence/ Statistical analysis or related experience is mandatory
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of work experience in Analytics/ Business Intelligence/ Statistical analysis or related experience is mandatory. Proficient in SQL. Good working knowledge in R/Python.
- Project Management Experience
Internal Hire Experience and Skills:
Minimum 9mos as an S3 Analyst.
Exceptional spoken and written English
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber