Senior Strategy and Operations Manager - (Supply)
The APAC Regional team is responsible for driving business impact from major products through data-driven insights, combining marketplace intelligence with key marketplace levers such as pricing, investments, and marketplace configurations. Through its regular processes, the team deep dives into various marketplace issues and supports optimisation of pricing and other configurations, and if needed, the implementation of investments on courier / eater.
About the role
The Senior Strategy and Operations Manager (Supply) role will drive product strategy and execution to drive supply side marketplace efficiency improvement for APAC markets. You will be responsible for executing these initiatives by using the right tools and implementation of robust governance mechanisms. You deliver results and are highly strategic with prior experience in high-impact and large-scale projects to improve the supply side of a marketplace. You are also experienced at influencing senior partners of the business through excellent communication skills!
What You'll Do
- Work with the broader Marketplace team in APAC countries and deep dive into priority business problems from a very wide spectrum and huge business impact
- Identify the optimal mix of new and existing supply volume in APAC markets and make forward looking recommendations to enable demand is adequately met
- Identify supply related trends, extensively build hypotheses, run A/B tests, and own performance tracking of projects to drive overall efficiency
- Work with internal analytical tools to get the required data, perform the analysis, consolidate & present the results
- Work with multiple stakeholders to drive outcomes (product, legal, finance, tax, country teams etc.)
- Actively participate in product planning cycles for APAC region
- With the broader team, interpret the results and participate in discussions over the applications & implications of the finding
- At least 8+ years of proven experience in operations or strategy; preferably in driving supply side of marketplace for a tech company
- Technical skills (experienced with Google Sheets/Excel)
- Strong analytical skills (experience working with large datasets and using statistics & modeling and analytical methods to analyze these datasets)
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to think proactively to understand, break down, and define sophisticated problems, including the approach and the expected outcome)
- Great communication skills (ability to interpret the data and consolidate and communicate the findings in an easily understandable manner)
- Bonus points if SQL capable; open to picking up SQL
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber