Senior Technical Program Manager
About the Role
The Uber TPM team plays a critical role in executing fast-paced and high-impact org-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our products, operations, and engineering organizations. As a Technical Program Manager at Uber, you will structure and drive large complex cross-team technical initiatives for the company's engineering organization. You will work alongside large multi-functional teams from operations, product, engineering, data science, legal, and policy in a fast-paced, hybrid technology/operations/business environment. As a TPM, you will work on critical enterprise technology spanning software development, data integration, FinTech, and more.
What You Will Do
- You will design, implement, and execute new horizontal processes across all engineering teams, to bring accountability and efficiency to our joint planning.
- You will help lead the business planning process, leading conversations with key customers to develop concepts for critical initiatives, and developing those into detailed program/project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals).
- Collaborate with product pillar teams and other key functions to ensure alignment and streamlined execution of multiple concurrent projects.
- Partner with relevant partners to develop program milestones, track progress, handle cross-team dependencies, mitigate risks and run cross-team communications.
- Team up with Eng leaders and drive solutions to highly technical problems.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, lead issue resolutions and provide support to teams balancing contending priorities. Get results proactively.
- Continuously improve and scale the organization. Implement improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process.
- Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and standard methodologies that can be adopted throughout the organization. Improve product development and delivery.
- Mentor project management skills within our engineering leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, related quantitative subject area, or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid technical capability and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks.
- 5+ years as a TPM/EPM or Engineering Manager or Engineer in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Strong cross-team and cross-org partner management. Ability to influence, empower, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize projects without losing sight of the highest priority items. Be good at facilitating discussions.
- Analytical and truth-seeking. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead.
- Experience in building and maintaining large infrastructure systems at scale.
- Experience with Container & Software networking and knowledge of industry trends in these areas.
- Experience with AWS and Google Cloud.
- Experience with system-level improvements in large-scale systems - efficiency, reliability, performance, etc.
- Leadership skills in a dynamic environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber