Manager, Strategic Finance, Uber Eats - Territory Lead, United States
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Strategic Finance team providex comprehensive financial insight into the business through regional and functional business partnering, forecasting and budgets, and pricing and incentives.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong and motivated leader to join as the Strategic Finance Lead for two of our critical Territories within the United States. The US Uber EATs Business is one of the most critical parts of Uber's portfolio, in the competitive and burgeoning hyper-local delivery space. This manager needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves and seek a wide array of challenges, playing an integral role in establishing best practices for financial governance, draw up ROI based decision frameworks and lead all aspects of forecasting, reporting, financial planning, and other in-depth ad hoc analyses. You'll also get the chance to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them, and helping drive strategic decisions to help the business perform more efficiently and at scale.
Beyond core FP&A, you'll be responsible for owning and driving key marketplace investment decision frameworks that will be rooted in deep product and operational know-how in a sophisticated 3-sided marketplace. So if you're ready to go deep, working on an exciting set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Be strategic and drive impact you will have the unique perspective to connect the strategic themes across the world and bring them back to the local territory teams to impact the strategy and everyday execution
- Business partnership - work closely with Territory GMs and the Country Regional General Manager and other leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Establishment of scalable processes: develop and help implement best-practice processes to help enable the finance team and business to further scale
- Ad hoc analysis: run ad hoc analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further mitigate risks
- Complete ownership of various product and marketplace investment initiatives to drive growth and operational efficiencies
- BS/BA or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience
- Background in corporate finance or operational FP&A
- Outstanding financial analysis and Excel skills; SQL
- Track record of delivering results in a cross-functional, high-growth, and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritize - we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who has the capability to successfully multitask
- Great teammate - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- MBA and/or CPA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber