COE Team Lead I
Starting June 14, 2021, successful external candidates may receive a one-time sign-on bonus of $500! Apply today to join Uber and ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion.
ABOUT THE JOB
The ideal candidate is a methodical but creative thinker, who is able to influence peers and leaders. The team member must thrive in the type of environment that is ambiguous, fast paced, and where the only thing that is consistent is change. Many of the challenges we face have no textbook solution, so the ability to invent is critical. The candidate for this role is dedicated to helping us reach a world-class customer support experience.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management and consistently delivering on day to day operations. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally motivated team members.
**Uber does not provide visa sponsorship for this role**
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead, empower, and develop a robust team of Specialists within a time-sensitive and fast paced environment to deliver on operational key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Stay present and available for your team; this includes covering the floor, answering questions, hosting weekly 1-on-1 meetings, and providing real-time feedback to Specialists
- Mentor team and drive performance to serve our rider and driver communities
- Develop your team's performance with daily audits and guide towards dynamic improvements; find opportunities for additional training & development
- Coordinate day to day operations while constantly evaluating inflows and trends to most appropriately allocate labor resources in real-time
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Identify trending issues and guide Specialists to do the same in their daily work
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a compliance/quality/risk focused industry such as tech, banking, insurance underwriting, lending
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Experience in operational or process improvement
- Supervisory experience with proven track record to lead effectively, set team goals, develop people and stay calm through challenging situations
- Ability to maintain a positive, can-do attitude (especially with respect to change) and encourage others to do the same
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate and present information to partners at all levels of the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others on an external and internal basis
- Ability to problem solve while knowing when to escalate appropriately
- Effective time-management and organizational habits
- Strong ownership of work and attention to detail
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber