Immigration Manager, US&Canada
About the Role
A high performing Immigration program is a key element in the rapid expansion and global growth at Uber. We need someone passionate about Immigration and Process Improvement to help shape and execute the programs' strategic vision and drive operational excellence. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on global immigration experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large, high-growth company experience. This position will help lead the vision and direction of a rapidly growing strategic program in a booming, constantly evolving environment.
The US/Canada Immigration Manager will be a key member of our Global Immigration team, reporting directly to the Global Head of Immigration. This is a leadership role in a highly collaborative, dynamic and growing team looking to deliver efficient and high-quality service. The immigration team's mission is to provide world-class customer support to employees and internal stakeholders. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes someone who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly evolving business, and help proactively solve problems where no solution currently exists. The right person uses data to support and drive decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed environment. You are passionate about delivering wow customer experiences, passionate about solutions, and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
What You'll Do
- Drive enterprise standards and ensure alignment with global standards.
- Own all facets of effectively managing Uber's US and Canada immigration program
- Coach and develop US/Canada team members
- Support the overall enhancement of the global immigration program
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior leaders
- Demonstrate a management style that encourages participation and ownership, along with a continuous focus on action, customer satisfaction, and personnel satisfaction
- Partner with external immigration supplier to simplify immigration processes.
- Proactively drive projects to timely closure
- Proactively strategize risk mitigation and control of new legislation for US/Canada with all key partners.
- Provide timely, in-depth and comprehensive forecasts, projections and data as requested
- Drive the metrics used to evaluate performance, including speed, efficiency, quality, and thoroughness to meet objectives
- Ensure that partners consistently receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support; anticipate needs, effectively manage expectations, and minimize escalations
- Minimum 8+ years of immigration and/or compliance experience
- Strong operational and analytical aptitude
- Experience with M&A and the ability to manage transitions related to M&A activity independently and quickly
- Prior Management experience
- Experience in exercising independent judgment and discretion while using company policies and practices to analyze situations, spot potential issues and determine appropriate action
- Attention to detail with an eye for accuracy while working with highly confidential data. Experience absorbing/retaining and understanding large amounts of data
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication. Able to quickly prepare concise and clear communications for different audiences covering sophisticated issues
- Innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize a process
- Legal background
- Global compliance experience
- LEAN or Agile management experience
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across a global organization
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber