HR Business Partner, Uber Freight
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Human Resources and Employee Relations teams partner with the business to align people strategies with business goals.
About the Role
Uber Freight is execution oriented, focused and a people-first organization that takes pride in its unique culture and position within Uber. We're looking for a HR Business Partner who will be our key people partner to the leaders and teams for Engineering, design, Product and Data Science in Uber Freight. You will also lead Freight-wide programs of work, influencing our talent agenda and people experience. freight has an exciting future ahead and this is a great time to join a team of passionate, driven and fun loving HR peers.
You will drive business growth by supporting the overall People strategy and implementing core People Programs and initiatives for our wide array of teams. You will be a strong partner to managers and employees and also a liaison between the multiple teams in our Global People function and your business groups
What You'll Do
- Support all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, recruiting, mobility, onboarding/offboarding, etc.) in alignment with the Uber Freight talent strategy. Take ownership of these functions for your teams, working with the relevant specialist teams.
- Partner to build an innovative and resilient tech organization that will define the future of the Freight industry.
- Be the employee champion. Consult with Managers and provide guidance on, team dynamics, stakeholder navigation, performance, compensation, career development and all other core HR themes.
- Through your understanding of how the business is structured and what the core functions are, and translate that knowledge into identifying possible talent risks. Have a consistent pulse on employee engagement and share with your leaders to promote a holistic understanding of employee morale and team needs/risks.
- Provide guidance to ensure consistent application of policies, procedures, and practices.
- Maintain a knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed.
- Minimum 6+ years professional, related experience
- Minimum 8+ years experience as an HRBP with organizations that operate with high velocity and has a high tolerance of ambiguity
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- Strong understanding of HR domains including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses and familiarity with their global HR practices and policies
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber