Business Systems Analyst II - FinTech
About the Role
FinTech works closely with Finance & business operations to build applications and solutions to enable critical accounting, finance business processes at Uber. We use industry best practices in Financial and Accounting systems, applying them to our complex global business operations. We provide systems for compliance, data reliability, audit and ensure timely availability of business critical data. This group is in the critical path to enable Uber to become a world class business operation and at the cutting edge of operational excellence.
As the Business Systems Analyst, you will partner with other FinTech leaders to perform systems analysis and implement changes across FinTech systems. You will be responsible for overall metrics and business impact of your programs. Your performance is measured by the impact of the projects you launch seamlessly and by your ability to influence and inspire a high-performing Cross-functional team that includes Product, Engineering, Accounting, Finance and Operations.
What You'll Do
- Work with Finance and other partner teams to get a deep understanding of the processes and data flows, and translate business requirements into functional design specifications
- Lead communications, work across various portfolios and help Solve for delivery challenges
- Work closely with cross functional FinTech leads for long-term sustainable and scalable processes across multiple systems
- Work with Engineering and Technology project managers to track delivery for system solutions and influence the direction of platform
- Coordinate and facilitate user acceptance testing and conduct end-user training for various multi-functional system initiatives including M&A, platform upgrades etc.
- You have minimum 7+ years business analysis experience working with financial systems
- You have experience in deploying financial application projects globally
- You have a track record of driving programs/projects to meet business requirements and challenging delivery dates
- Your Business Analysis instincts are matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others
- You have subject matter familiarity with various core finance business functions. Core product experience will be preferred.
- You have solid grasp of leading work in a controls' environment, basic program management and change manage skills
- You're passionate about improving processes and articulate to partners using various tools and techniques- process flows, data flows, business use cases etc.
- You can run your own queries, analyze data to fix or define problems.
- You are an effective communicator at all levels of the organization
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- You have the ability to allocate time effectively across multiple opposing priorities
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber