Global Safety Program Manager- Delivery
About the Role
We are seeking an analytically minded, organized, and motivated individual to join Uber's Central Safety team focused on Delivery safety! The team is responsible for the development of Uber's global safety programs and standards and is looking for someone to help identify emerging safety risks.
In 2020, Uber shifted gears to bring grocery, convenience, prescriptions, personal care, alcohol, and more local commerce into the UberEats app alongside restaurants. Offering all of these options to consumers and making billions of deliveries all over the world is incredible, but comes with varying safety challenges - from verifying the identity of Uber users who purchase alcohol to understanding the underlying safety-related nuances of delivering items on a bicycle during rush hour.
As an advocate of safety for Uber Delivery, the Global Safety Program Manager will identify and launch programs that help to ensure a safe delivery experience across our marketplace and various delivery offerings.
Working with teams across the globe, you'll need excellent partner management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek consensus in a constantly evolving environment.
What You'll Do
- Own and act as the specialist for one or more sophisticated delivery safety program strategies from start to finish- defining the problem space and risk profile, recommending safety controls to address gaps, and rigorously setting, scoring, and coordinating key program goals and objectives
- Develop minimum safety requirements or standards for new Delivery programs or lines of business (e.g. alcohol, prescription, grocery delivery)
- Use a data for issue identification, root cause analysis, understanding of safety controls performance
- Plan and execute monthly safety reviews for all mega-regions related to your program
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders in the Delivery and Safety organizations to promote, change, and deploy new tools and strategies
- Develop relationships with functional leaders and key stakeholders across global operations, product, and global safety support
- A minimum of 4 years of industry or consulting experience in project or program management, global operations, or related fields
- Excellent analytical skills, preferably including SQL
- Self-motivation with a strong affinity for vision setting, strategic problem solving and driving action
- Passion for Safety as it relates to all parties interacting with the Uber platform!
- Shown success in uncovering data to advise on decisions that put the customers first
- Ability to tell clear, compelling stories out of complex issues and analysis
- Experience running cross-functional projects and stakeholders, powered by analytical insights
- Ability to build processes in a fast-paced environment without a prescribed template
- MBA or Master's degree a plus
- Previous experience with Marketplace ecommerce, Delivery, or Food Safety a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber