Operations Manager- Safety/Risk/Compliance
About the Role
At Uber Eats, the Safety, Risk and Compliance (SRC) team ensures that we are the most safe and trusted delivery platform by our users, restaurant partners, and delivery partners. This role calls for a combination of operational skills to get great work done, innovative and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast-paced business and inspire a team of people. We are looking for an individual who loves the hustle of optimizing processes to adapt to ever-changing environments and aspire to bring solutions to the table on a daily basis.
Who You'll Be:
- Accountable for initiatives to promote the awareness of safety, manage risk factors to the platform and enhance compliant processes to operate, across all three sides of the marketplace.
- An important cross-functional partner to the many teams that do not directly report to you, but are critical to the successful execution of your plan, both locally and regionally, including Sales, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Communications, and more.
- A visible and vocal champion of safety and compliance for our users and stakeholders.
- A competent, decisive and optimistic collaborator that can rally many teams and stakeholders to achieve a shared vision.
What You'll Do:
- Understand and communicate the gap between safety and compliance requirements and operational reality.
- Design and implement processes to meet safety and compliance standards, incorporating market nuances.
- Monitor and assess the risk level of key products and processes. Work hand in hand with our Regional Operations Team to ensure scalable processes are automated, systematized or centralized.
- Take big picture ideas and projects and break them into actionable steps with rapid timelines for completion.
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years work experience, including time spent in operational roles. Experience handling public sector related issues is a plus.
- Communication: Mandarin fluency. English proficiency. Clear and concise in both spoken and written communication.
- Stakeholder management: Able to understand and balance the needs of external and internal stakeholders and find common grounds.
Who You Are
- Data-driven: Able to establish measurable goals and derive insights from data to inform action plans.
- Detail-oriented: Able to keep track of multiple workstreams and evolving requests from external and internal stakeholders.
- Agile and nimble: Able to respond to new or urgent requests by assessing their priority and responding accordingly.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber