About the Role
The Safety and Insurance Team works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them. In this role you will support the procurement of insurance and monitoring of loss trends that drive business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Deploy traditional actuarial skills and training in new and innovative ways to support Uber's Commercial Auto insurance and other coverages through estimating prospective loss costs and financial impact of domestic coverage
- Assist actuarial management in leading the semi-annual pricing review, annual budget and reforecast process and on-going carrier engagement
- Work closely with a cross functional team of risk managers, legal, finance stakeholders to support the renewal of Uber's blanket auto insurance program, through rate negotiation, quote evaluation, deal structuring and impact measurement.
- Communicate/present analysis findings to actuarial management and other internal stakeholders, including claims, accounting, and insurance leaders
- Mentor actuarial analysts in pricing analysis and insurance business principles
- Candidate with ACAS designation OR 5+ CAS exams and minimum 4 years of Property and Casualty (P&C) experience
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- FCAS designation
- At least 2 years of experience in ratemaking
- Commercial auto insurance or reinsurance experience a plus
- Excellent Excel skills, proficient with SQL, experience with R is strongly preferred
- Great communication and organization skills, ability to multitask and be a great teammate
- Balance attention to detail with swift and practical execution
- Large account pricing experience a plus
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber