Business Operations Analyst
About the Role
With New Verticals, we're building Uber's fastest growing, and our next 10^10, business. Global in scope, with a focus on our largest potential grocery and other new verticals markets, the team is responsible for all grocery and new verticals operations/sales/strategy across markets. This scrappy, nimble and high performing team is tasked with building a sustainable high growth business as we expand from restaurants to other high growth verticals. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward together.
Business Operations Analyst is an ideal role for someone who has a strong analytical background and interested in applying his or her knowledge to solving hands-on business problems, working collaboratively in an all-star team in an exponentially growing industry.
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Data analysis: Work with stakeholders across Sales and Operations to deliver analysis, insights, reports, visualization and predictive models to capture merchant growth opportunities. You will also conduct ad-hoc analyses to support cross functional projects.
- Process & Tool Creation: You will, with little supervision, identify, prioritize, and implement opportunities to build and evolve automated reporting and dashboards for internal teams
- Performance troubleshooting: Proactively deep-dive into merchant performance, identify root causes and propose solutions
- Project Management & Communication: Lead a number of high-impact data and insights projects. You will be responsible for summarizing your insights in easily digestible format (documents, presentations) for client-facing communication.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- At least 3+ years' experience in quantitative or business field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Strategy consulting, Operations management, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills, strong intellectual curiosity
- Proficient in SQL, Excel.
- Self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly changing business environment. Able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Has a proven track record in cross-team collaboration, driving change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Business proficiency in Japanese and English
- Excellent knowledge of SQL databases - ideally Vertica, Redshift, and/or Hadoop.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis is a plus
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber