Product Designer - Rider Verticals
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the Role
We are seeking a Product Designer to join our Rider Verticals team. As a member of the design team, you will tackle interaction and service design challenges, and work on ideas that will transform how people use our products and services. This candidate will collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers and researchers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to build high-quality design solutions for your product
- Work with product managers to define products requirements, strategic functionality, not just translate them into design execution
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping, and beyond.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a thought partner to the product, engineering, ops, and product designers
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs based on our UI framework to tackle difficult UX problems
- 3+ years of design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating high quality, thoughtful UX and UI work
- Strong understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Proficiency with systems design, product design patterns, and tools
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse, global teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Ability to strongly articulate design work and rationale to Design peers and cross-functional team
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber