Business Programs Manager (HCV)
About the Team
Uber High Capacity Vehicles (HCV) is an everyday commute product that is safe, reliable and affordable. With just a few taps and a short walk, HCV makes it easy for riders to book a guaranteed seat in an air conditioned bus from a selection of routes and pick-up stations. We currently operate across MEA, Europe and LATAM.
The Community Operations team is responsible for creating a world class customer experience and supporting our HCV operations by supporting successful inbound and outbound customer operation at scale.
About the Role
As the Global HCV Program Manager, within our Community Operations team, you manage and optimize our HCV customer operations programs, such as building high quality and reliable support channels for B2B/B2C users and fleets as well as outbound activities, such as ensuring route fulfillment. You will advance initiatives throughout the HCV program by steering interdepartmental and cross functional teams to integrate process and technology improvements, as well as work closely with external stakeholders to stay up to date with the newest trends and launches. You'll need excellent stakeholder management, organizational, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
The role is centered on continual improvement, impactful communication and high quality deliverables. It requires somebody highly versatile and well rounded, who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Given that this is a global role you will work across geographies to ensure success. Some travel (when safe again) should be expected.
What You'll Do
- Deploy the B2B/B2C support and outsourcing program from scratch, including building several teams to perform specialized functions throughout the course of the customer journey (i.e. inbound support, admin support, fulfillment monitoring)
- Improve operational performance by using a data-driven approach for issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts.
- Create actionable, specific KPIs and support metrics for the HCV support program.
- Inform the creation of performance dashboards to track success and own regular updates on performance vs goals to key stakeholders.
- Provide project updates and gain stakeholder alignment on initiatives to ensure they are connected to the larger Community Operations goals; ensure projects are properly defined and scoped with charters that include well-written problem statements, baseline data, and quantifiable goals.
- Be the source of knowledge to train, educate, and answer questions from project managers, product managers, Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) or other stakeholders in the organization.
- Leverage specialists within the department to develop, maintain, QA content and training material for Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to ensure adherence to process, policy, and brand voice.
- Be on the forefront of trends impacting the HCV support program.
What You'll Need
- Advanced degree or additional relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience, ideally in operations, consulting, engineering, or analytics.
- Experience building efficient processes that scale across a large organization
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders in an ambiguous launch environment, powered by data-driven insight
- Self-motivated with a strong affinity for vision setting, strategic problem solving and driving action
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills across diverse functions and teams
- Demonstrated success in uncovering data to inform customer-oriented decisions
- Operational horsepower - proven ability to execute quickly and seamlessly and drive through complexity to outcomes. Bonus points for Lean Six Sigma or process excellence experience.
- Experience facilitating behaviour and culture change within organizations.
- Experience with process optimization, program management, customer support strategy or quality assurance.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to dig into datasets to extract meaningful and compelling insights. Bonus points for SQL experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber