Chinese Category, Commercial Manager London
Whether it's a sandwich or a burrito, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Territory teams are on the frontline introducing restaurant to Uber Eats and growing our businesses together.
About the Role
Uber Eats' path to success is a result of local presence, involving both our restaurants and couriers. The Chinese Category, Commercial Manager embodies this strategy by driving the development of specific cities and areas, with a focus on top restaurants. This role is a rare opportunity to help grow Uber Eats across the London territory with a strong sense of ownership. This role calls for a combination of operational mindset, savvy number-crunching and exceptional relationship management. You should thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, relish in a startup culture, and above all be passionate about our restaurant partners.
What You'll Do
- Drive our business performance in London
- Build the best restaurant offering and optimizing their operational performance
- Identify and initiate new partnership opportunities with top restaurants in your territory
- Tackle or escalate complex support issues for timely resolution for our restaurant partners
- Champion deep relationships with restaurant partners, identifying and acting on opportunities to grow their delivery business
- Drive on-the-ground knowledge and context about the city you operate in to the wider Uber Eats UK team
- Act as an ambassador of Uber Eats mission, brand, and product
- Proficient level in both English and Mandarin language skills. (Cantonese would be advantageous)
- Previous experience in a sales / account management role
- Ability to take initiatives and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environments.
- Desire to work with restaurants and building a strategic partnership, being proactive and creating positive and lasting relationships
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate recommendations and effectively champion customer needs
- Highly autonomous - able to work with minimal oversight
- Project Management: good organization & time management skills
- Ability to compute number and land on a data-based strategy
- Problem solving skills: when you see a problem, you work hard and think out of the box until you fix it
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber