L&D Delivery Program Leader
About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class support to our partners (riders, drivers and restaurants) is critical to our success. Building the capability of our support teams to consistently deliver elevated levels of service is challenging and complex - and incredibly satisfying! We're looking for an experienced hands-on Delivery Lead for our US&C L&D team - a true all-rounder - who will lead the team responsible for implementing Learning & Development initiatives across Uber's multiple support channels. This team makes the magic of learning happen wherever Uber's support agents and specialists are! Our L&D Delivery Lead is accountable for strategically developing the L&D capabilities and effectiveness on the field, by actioning business and quality insights, following industry and Uber's standard methodologies, and effectively partnering with Uber's network and channel leaders, and external vendors' teams. With thousands of support agents relying on L&D to equip them with the knowledge and know-how to help our customers, it's imperative that our L&D tools, content and deployment channels are efficient, effective, and in-sync with business operations. The focus of this role will continuously shift to support emerging business priorities and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
What You'll Do
- Own the US&C L&D Delivery vertical strategy, in alignment with business goals and priorities encompassing learning delivery responsibilities for Centers of Excellence, Greenlights and BPOs.
- Ensure Learning & Development initiatives are exceptionally implemented across Uber's network and channels (COE, BPO, and GL) while measuring and reporting insights and key business outcomes.
- Strategically define the engagement model to effectively partner with key partners such as field/channel leadership, vendor managers, BPOs, quality, and program teams.
- Lead the Delivery team with a focus on effectively developing L&D capabilities; defining, implementing, and maintaining performance standards, core process, and SLAs.
- Use honed consulting skills and processes to diagnose and understand capability gaps within the business.
- Advise stakeholders on agent/specialists performance improvement approaches, using Global and Regional L&D resources and teams.
- Provide thought leadership to drive a collaborative environment between Uber and BPOs L&D teams.
- Provide expert level of L&D subject matter expertise on all aspects of the L&D Operating Model and the full spectrum of L&D activities: from learning needs analysis and design through to delivery and evaluation of learning solutions.
- Lead, engage and grow a team of learning and development managers.
- Understand Uber's footprint diversity acknowledging and celebrating the cultural differences of learners, teams, and partners.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience in L&D
- Minimum of 5 years of managing people
- Successful track record of delivering large-scale learning programs and initiatives across multiple functions and geographies
- Understanding and experience in using metrics and Learning evaluation to drive key decisions and processes
- Subject matter expertise in Learning and Development or Organizational Development
- Strong project management skills with superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, and proven ability to influence and drive consensus at senior levels
- Experience in using standard learning experience tools and platforms
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber